About Mrs. Maddox Cakes

Pearl Maddox started Mrs. Maddox Cake Shop in 1928. Her son, Jack Still, took over the bakery in Detroit, along with his wife, Marian, and daughters, Susan and Marian. In 1973, he hired Tim Shaberly as a dishwasher and to take deliveries. Tim continued to work as a baker for Sue and Marian when they took over the bakery. Later, they relocated the bakery to Farmington. When they left in 1996, to pursue other careers, they offered the bakery to Tim. Tim’s family continues to run the bakery. They still produce many of the same products that Pearl started in 1928.

Click here to read a magazine article about Pearl Maddox's life, why she started her cake business and how she became famous for creating Charles A. Lindbergh's wedding cake!